Today is a Friday when I wrote this. I( was thinking about the Passion Profession post and video that I made two days back. There is more to it. The question was why I like my job. I think irrespective of what job it is, the criteria to like is pretty much the same.
Two things that make me like my Job are:
- Knowing the value that I create
- Being recognized for that value creation
That said there are a few things that has helped me at work all these years. And I want to share that with you.
- Being Transparent need not hurt
- Accept: No one person knows everything
- Improvement is a slow process
- Everyone has their own valid story
- Everyday will not be great
- Every discussion is not an argument
- I don’t have to like everyone
- Everyone does not have to like me
- There is great life outside work
- If I am gone tomorrow my Friends and Family will miss me way more than my company or colleagues will.
- I am not just what my professional title says.
- My career choices don’t need any external validation
- I am not in any race… and happiness & contentment is the only victory.
- Profession and Passion do not need to be the same.
- Acknowledge and be aware of my privilege every single day and pay it forward however I can.
This is not an advice… It is just what I feel today and what I want to share with you… Tomorrow is another day 👍🥰